Saturday, August 22, 2015

V6 Party Dress

My niece, Little V is turning 6. She asked for me to make her a dress or get Legos. I made her Simplicity 7550, an out-of-print Daisy Kingdom dress which I bought back when Big R was small. (Why not when patterns are $1). Big R went fabric shopping with me. Little V's favorite color is pink, but this purple/pink fabric appealed to us the most. For the pink theme chose the pink piping instead of bright green or yellow.



Based on her measurements I made a size 4, she is a petite girl, but it looks too small. I compared it with some dresses I made for Big R at that age and it seems like it will be ok. Big R said it will fit. I think I am used to "kids" being full size.

The dress buttons down the front. Again pink buttons.



It is a long dress, so it might be short in the waist but will go past her knees.


The back has a cute fixed sash which I decorated with a whimsical fairy button (in pinkish!)



As a bonus there was a complimentary dress for your 18" doll. I made that, so at least someone can wear a dress. This dress is being modeled by one of Big R's dolls. She is from Clover (remember them??) She had the prettiest blue eyes. Time has faded them to an odd red-violet. She'll need a red eye reduction for her next photo shoot! :)



Her dress opens the back with velcro. Big R did her hairstyle. It is fabulous shape because it spent most of its years in braids.



We are sending a box a Legos too, just in case the dress is a bust. I went Lego shopping. There was a Frozen one (she is a big fan), with a super cute Lego Olaf. Really super cute, you could hear him say "Buy me", but we did Frozen last year.


I went with the Lego creator set for 3 styles of houses with the wide range of colors and cool surf board guy and girl.


Happy Birthday Little V!

No comments:

Post a Comment