Saturday, August 8, 2015

Primitive Barn Door - Cloud 9 Cirrus Solids Challenge

I joined the Cloud 9 Cirrus Solids Mini Quilt Challenge, which is sponsored by Cloud 9 Fabrics. All participants received 6 fat eighths of solids. Our finished mini quilt is 16x16 inches. We could purchase additional Cirrus Solids if we wanted. My bundle contained white, red, dark beige, light beige, green and turquoise. 



I chose to use the pattern from the April 2015 Cirrus Solid BOM Challenge. It is the barn door pattern. I used red, two shades of beige and green for the barn doors. I used pearl cotton to outline the quilted pattern.


I swapped my turquoise for coral with another member who needed that color. I used the remaining fabric for the backing which I call "Neapolitan".



No comments:

Post a Comment