Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Quilt Bee - August's Challenge

I joined the quilt bee with my guild. Amy has August and asked us to paper piece patches for her expected baby. Amy gave us the paper piecing and fabric scraps. I have the word "baby". My choice for blue letters on low volume background or low volume letters on a blue background. I choose the former.

I once pieced a sample square in a class but it was much larger. These pieces are small. I am using my light table to see the fabric coverage.

Amy want a scrappy looked and asked that all fabric be used, but I am not to keen on the large white dots because the pieces are so small and I think there is not enough blue. There were some tiny pieces, especially letter 'a'. I'm not sure you tell which fabric is which. Letter 'y' was a breeze - the pieces were soooo big. Ha! The big white dots works better on 'y'.



1 comment:

  1. I love this! It came out so cute! I think the moons look cute but I can totally see your point!

    ReplyDelete