Monday, August 18, 2014

Hockey Sweater


This isn't a Hockey Sweater but rather a sweater make at hockey. The pattern is Miette. The pattern is at Untangling Knots . The yarn is Ashley by Yarn Bee. It is from Hobby Lobby. The color is Pale Aqua. It is 56% wool 44% polyester blend. I started this project in November at the start of the Winter Hockey season and finished in June at the end of the Spring Hockey season. It is not a complicated pattern so it works well when one eye is on the action in the rink.

The pattern is close fitted. I prefer tailored, to tight. If I made it again I would leave out the front bust darts so it would have a looser fit.



I love the knit from the top down with no seams. I lengthened the arms to full length sleeves and need to lengthen the bodice 2 inches because I prefer it at my waist. It is a top down knitting  pattern which allowed me to try on the sweater to see if it fit. So much better than holding pieces up to your body.


After I finished my Michael Miller quilt, I added the buttons. Some how I miss read the directions and the button holes are backward. The top to buttons are two close and the bottom on is to high. Oops!


I can tell you wool is very warm in the summer. I planning on knitting a cotton sweater this hockey season. I am still searching out patterns and yarns. Only 4 weeks to till we are back at the rink!



No comments:

Post a Comment