Saturday, March 8, 2014

February Quilt Squares

Here are my next installment of squares for the Monday Monday Quilt. This round is olive, turquoise and purple. I did purchase a 6-1/2 inch square grid. I still haven't figured out all the different grid lines in each quadrant.
Block 8 - Pinwheel
Pinwheel was rather simple.

Block 9 - String Block
String block was fun. I paper pieced it to a 6-1/2 inch square to eliminate the guess work and wasting scraps by cutting them too big.

Block 10 - Snowball Variation
This was another straight forward pattern.

Block 11 - Bow Tie
Some how my purple "squares" ended up more like triangles.

Block 12 - Winged Square
I did not like this one. Too many 1 inch squares. My greens are too similar. Kinda of boring. Some how it ended up too small and crooked. I needed to add buffer strips to make it the correct size.

Block 13 - 9-Patch
This 9-Patch was fun.

 Here is a possible place mat setup. I think this set has too much solid green.



No comments:

Post a Comment