Saturday, May 16, 2015

May's Bee Block is My Month


My Bee is a scrap buster. My inspiration comes from Jeaneke's “Building Houses From Scraps" challenge.

http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com/

This lovely Dutch lady’s project was to make 365 3-inch paper pieced house – one for every day of the year.

Instead I took a 9-inch paper pieced house and shrunk it by 50% to create a 4.5 inch house. You will see on your paper pieced sheets I redrew the 1/4 inch seam allowance since it was shrunk to 1/8 inch. Please use the redrawn line not the original dotted lined.

My house has a lawn, the original does not. Please use any of your scraps – solids, novelty, prints or holidays. The only two requests are that the sky is low volume, (my definition of low volume is broader than the Guild’s) and the grass is green.

I am planning on making a 120 block quilt. If you could make 4 houses I would be thrilled. If not please return the unused paper piecing.



If you scroll down in this link http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com/ you will find many completed quilts which are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment