Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Finished

After completing Butterfly Love there were two outstanding 2013 projects: Diagonal Madness quilt top and the pink socks. Both were completed before December 31 (Yippee!).


Diagonal Madness was an interesting adventure. According to the directions the nine patch border was going to be too big and would need trimming. In my case it was too small and I needed 3 extra 9 patches. I am not sure where I went wrong, but it is finished.


Digging through my scraps I found enough material to make a backing - complete incoherent and non matching fabrics, sticks with the madness theme. It is really ugly and doesn't deserve a photo. It is pin basted and ready for quilting.



Pink socks were another adventure - yarn was too thick so I needed to go down to 000 needles to get the correct gauge. I did not try to match the stripes since I had only one very large skein. I started the second  where the first left off. Some how by luck the stripes matched up after the toes.


January's project is the pants. I never started them. Too many December distraction. They are the first project for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment