Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter Dress

I have been doing a lot of sewing. January and February - costumes for Big R's school musical. February/March jackets and hats for seven dwarfs in another production of Big R's. All that finished by Spring Break, which I thought would be good time to make something for myself in between taxing kids to sports practices. The dress did not get finished, because ...
  1. There was a lot of leaves and sticks in the yard from last fall and brush collection was next week.
  2. The quilt I started hand quilting in December, was still sitting on the dining room table. I was getting tired of looking at it.
  3. The fabric for the dress is silky and ravels - french seams - twice the sewing.
  4. Why not try a hand picked zipper?

Now it is finished.



Time to bind that quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment