Sunday, April 21, 2013

Butterfly Stitches - Second Quilt


The butterfly swings over the violet
That stands by the water,
In the garden that sings
All day.
-Hilda Conkling


My mom gave me all the old print handkerchiefs that belong to her and her mother. I decided to use them in a quilt. There are enough for 3 quilts. The first one, Butterfly Hankie, I completed for my Mom in December 2011. It was a surprise and she loved it. This is the second quilt, Butterfly Stitches. 


The blue and green edging and orange squares are same as the first quilt. The pink border is new. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. The butterflies are embroidered on used a button hole stitch. The quilts is 60 x 60.


4 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful! What a lovely remembrance for R of her grandmother and great-grandmother. The one you made for me is very special. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, what a beautiful quilt. Also a family treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you didn't realize it Tink's mom is Selina

    ReplyDelete